Sean Pillot de Chenecey
Influencers & Revolutionaries
An inspiring speaker and author of two dynamic books: the first focuses on trust, privacy and corporate ethics, the second on leading-edge trends and innovation across a wide range of sectors.
He has given speeches at marketing conferences and cultural events in cities around the world: from San Francisco to Berlin to Tokyo, and from Stockholm to Istanbul to Melbourne. In doing so, Sean’s spoken at venues ranging from the Empire State Building to the Houses of Parliament, boardrooms, theatres, sports centres and music festivals. He’s appeared on podcasts, TV and radio programmes, has written for international business magazines, been quoted across a wide range of international newspapers, and is also a university lecturer on marketing and social trends.
Sean’s first book "The Post-Truth Business" went to No1 in the ‘Business Bestseller’ charts and was a finalist in the 2019 Business Book of the Year Awards. It was the first business title to connect the areas of trust, privacy, disinformation, ethics and empathy. In speeches referencing his book, he takes an inspiring look at how to rebuild brand authenticity, consumer engagement and reputation capital in a distrusting world. The book focuses on subjects relating to brand futures including:
• The impact of fake news, disinformation and the weaponizing of lies
• The safeguarding of privacy, alongside privacy as a tradable asset
• Why brands must create communication with meaning
• Lessons in authenticity from artisans & inventors
• Conscious Capitalism and Brand Activism
• Brand Trust and Reputation Capital
His new book "Influencers & Revolutionaries" focuses on best-practice and leading-edge innovation on an international basis. It describes exciting actions being taken by dynamic organisations across a variety of sectors in answer to emerging trends, social issues and changing behaviour. In doing so, Sean illuminates an extensive range of innovative ideas and solutions; and explains why numerous disruptive trends indicate what the future may hold. The book’s subjects include:
• Emerging trends, new consumption patterns and niche areas of growth
• Rejuvenating business tactics via radical thinking and risk-taking
• Leading-edge innovation theory, and an ‘Innovation Manifesto’
• Trend forecasting and scenario planning re: brand strategies
• Innovative approaches to social and environmental issues
• The future city, future home and the future of work
His background is as an independent research/strategy consultant, and Sean has worked for some of the world’s biggest brands re: the ‘Real Now & Potential Next’. He’s done so in areas inc the motor, beauty, drinks, food, retail, IT, fashion, broadcasting, entertainment, finance and travel sectors, along with numerous NGO and Govt projects via ethnographic and trend research.